Translate

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dragon's Teeth, Sown



Dragon's Teeth, Sown

by Velociman

What happened November 6th? Well, Obama won, if you haven't heard. What didn't happen? The White House didn't flip. The Senate didn't flip. The House didn't flip. $2 billion later, nothing much changed. The GOP garnered even more governorships, and more statehouses. No big shit there. We all know there's no power beyond Washington anymore, so those are just Miss Congeniality contests.

But what happened? Two things.

Tactically
The Democrats beat the Republicans like runaway slaves on the ground game. They hustled, they got out the vote, for better or worse they isolated demographics and played upon their fears and ignorance. That's all fair. Democrats live politics. They are community organizers. It's what they do. And they did it very well. And they had the Chicago Machine behind them, as formidable a force as politics has ever known. They steal, they commit fraud, they commit crimes. But they don't even have to, to win. They just do that for fun. Republicans can't get up enough activists for a sandlot baseball game. You can't win the game if you don't show up.

And speaking of baseball, I've voted in 10 presidential elections now. Won 5, lost 5. That's batting .500. If I'm a professional ballplayer I'm in the fucking Hall of Fame. As I am not a professional ballplayer I am the median outcome in a cosmic game of coin flips.

Strategically
This is where it gets hairy. Anyone can learn to out-hustle the other side. That's just focus. It's worse than that. Obama won for the same reason the Greeks are rioting in the streets, and the Spaniards, Irish, and Italians are right behind them. Despite the smiles and the uplifting rhetoric, Romney's message was essentially one of austerity: we'll have to suck it up and tighten the belt before it gets better. And America did not want to hear that message. It burns.

Look, a lot of Boomers are going to retire in the next 4 years. And they don't want their applecart upset. Republican or Democrat. They paid in for 30-40 years. Don't fuck me now. Let me sit on my ass for the next 4 years, kick the can down the road one more time, and find my safe harbor.

It's as simple as that. We are indolent Greeks, only we actually produced for the last generation, and don't you dare touch that, you cocksucker. It is insanely selfish insofar as the next two generations go, but there is no decency left in this society. Every rat for himself.

Sliced and diced, I read a dozen different ways the Republicans lost. Most valid. But those are the symptoms. The diagnosis is thrombosis, as Jesse might say. I don't see the wheel turning for 10 or 12 years, but when it does it will be an outraged and vengeful Millennial demographic, likely libertarian with no care whatsoever for social issues, that will be dragging all of our asses, Democrat and Republican alike, off to be shot.

As we sow the dragon's teeth, so shall we reap. All of us. I'm surprised my children even consider me a human being at this point.

Comments:
-SFMEDIC

Not much a citizen can do when your elected representatives are all in on the shell game. Why should they care, they have pensions for life after 4 years and free platinum coated healthcare for life which they awarded themselves in violation of the Constitutional law that says Congress shall make no law that does not apply equally to themselves.
I tried to opt-out of social security decades ago and was told, "you cant participation is mandatory".
Young working people today should be angry because they are paying for a system they will never see any benefit from. They should be angry at politicians who screwed the taxpayers and used the social security dollars to buy votes with. They should not be angry with the hard-working older generation who worked and paid into the system all their lives who are trying to scratch out a living from this government Ponzi scheme.
Youth of America, I know you don't have the experience and knowledge of what is happening in this country that older people do but at least educate yourselves and learn who your real enemies are and stop helping put Marxist like Obama in, he isn't going to help you.

1 comment:

  1. On Social Security:

    (As I posted on my blog earlier...)

    And the whole false 'well they paid into it argument' is literally as logical as saying that just because someone held YOU at gunpoint and redistributed your wealth, that it's OK for you to hold someone ELSE at gunpoint and do the same thing!

    No, it's NOT OK.

    It's the same kind of thing that is typically used to justify the ponzi scheme that is Social Security. The whole "Well I paid into it, so I deserve it, and therefore it justifies you continuing to pay into it for me." Uh... no it doesn't actually. I have no responsibility to pay into a ponzi scheme just because you spent the last 50 years of your life doing so. I opt out. It won't even EXIST by the time I'm in my 70s, yet I'm supposed to keep chipping into it just because my parent's generation was dumb enough to fall for the ponzi scheme? I don't think so. In order for the ponzi scheme to work it requires a larger, and dumber, generation than the last. No thanks.

    Also, I don't let the older generation off the hook. They were sleeping in class for decades when they should have been taking care of this. If this isn't taken care of I darn well hope the next generation would hold US accountable! Because we let tyranny pass unchallenged on our watch.

    I see a lot of the 'Don't be angry with the old folks' Because they worked their butt off and paid into the system. Horsepuckey! :P I've worked MY butt off since I was 14, and have paid into a system that I'll NEVER SEE! At least these pricks will be able to collect something for a few years. I'm angry with them first, because if they'd had their stuff together, we'd be living in Rightful Liberty right now instead of wondering when Civil War II was going to be kicked off.

    ReplyDelete