Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2013

“The threat of tyranny is no less than at the turn of the century in 1900, in 1800, or in 1700.”



After enduring hours of derision and mockery by the panelists at a Chicago-area guns “forum” Sunday, one man in the audience stood up and addressed the crowd, identified himself as a veteran, and proceeded to give a straight forward but passionate defense of his support for the First and Second Amendments. He also argued the threat of “tyranny” is still just as real as it was in the past.
The veteran’s name is Kevin Tully, and he left the Air Force a staff sergeant after serving in Desert Storm, 3 tours for Operation Southern Watch, and a tour in Panama.

Tully emphasized throughout that America has become too divided: a nation of Republicans vs. Democrats, pro-life vs. pro choice, us vs. them. On a more basic level, many don’t even identify as American– they’re Italian-American, African-American, Asian-American, etc.
“I’m not a liberal, I’m not a conservative, I’m not a Republican, I’m not a Democrat. I’m an American — I believe in the Constitution, I believe in our country,” he said.

But that doesn’t mean he’s pleased with the actions of those on the left or right.

“I’d had enough,” he said simply, describing why he stood up at the conference.

Read more........

Fred maintains the same thoughts in; Thoughts Following the Inauguration of Septimius Severus......

No comments:

Post a Comment